Tuesday, 18 December 2012

May the Fourth be with you.

Good evening ladies and gents, welcome back to my rant post! Today we shall be covering a piece of device that was short lived in my history of personal IT devices. The reason being that I did not really own this piece of device, it was on a lease for me from Nokia for 3 days and 2 nights and it is called the Lumia 920. I did manage to use it quite a bit and I really really really liked it but I did not tempt by it enough to purchase it. 
 Job well done Park!! you resisted your impulsive behavior this time or was this product wasn't interesting enough? Or did it not stir certain part of your inner organs and give you that warm fuzz feeling you usually get when you test out a new piece of gadget? Or may be the reason why you didn't get that sensation was because it did not come with a shiny plastic front display protector that you like to peel off so much as the sound of it reminds you of the evil mermaids' singing voice from Pirates of the Caribbean?

The answer to those silly questions above is the lack luster app store on Windows Phone 8, pure and simple as that. I will tell you that it is not a bad thing at all as I will remind you that when a new platform is launched, lack of apps is a natural process. The more WP8 phones are around the more apps there will be in the store or market place or whatever they called it. For now I would not get this phone as I do require certain apps for my everyday activities so that I can live peacefully and WP8 app store doesn't meet this requirement for me, yet.


I have a lot of hope for this phone and this platform and if iOS6's next iteration doesn't change much, I reckon quite a chunk of iOS market share will drop and will migrate to this fresh (compare to other mobile platform) platform.

All I have to say is that I will be on my knees and pledge my allegiance to thee when your App store is full of fun things other platforms are offering, until then I shall stick with my dull looking but "incredible re-designed" iPhone 5 and it's "most advance mobile operating system to date" iOS6.

PS: sarcasm much?

oh here is the review video I made for this phone and yes it is in Thai.

until then, live long and prosper!!

1 comment:

  1. At first, I was interested in this Nokia Lumia. I think it's quite good but I don't like the size of it.

    ReplyDelete